Sunday 25 September 2011

Yoga Sparks Crying


As some of you know, there is a gigantic poem that hangs in my room at all times.

Mistakes are good they help us grow,
They show us what we want to know.
So if you make a mistake don’t cry,
You’ll do better if you try.
(author unknown)

As some of you may also know, I have been crying a lot lately, it’s all good!

But this has led me to want to alter this poem a little.  There’s nothing wrong with crying.  I find myself telling kids more and more, “It’s okay if you want to cry, listen carefully for when you don’t feel like crying anymore.”  This is what I’ve been doing and I don’t know how to tell the kids anything different.

Also the line about doing better somehow seems to imply that the mistake wasn’t actually good.  But mistakes are SOOOOO good, and I say this so many times during the day, (a lot to myself).

So here’s what I’m thinking:

Mistakes are good they help us grow,
They show us what we want to know.
So if you make a mistake and cry,

You’ll feel better if you try.
You’ll feel better reaching for the sky.
You’ll feel better just like pie. Mmmm
You’ll feel better as you learn to fly.
 Listen carefully and you’ll fly.  << Favorite so far


I still don’t really like the last line, and am completely open to changing it somehow.  Please send me all of your suggestions (silly and serious) on facebook or email ameliamelia@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment